After all the dining out and celebration over the Chinese New Year holiday, I definitely need now a couple of cleanse days.
As you guys know, I am not too keen on those programs that call for 3 to 10 or more days of just juices or lemonade, i find them unbalanced and unhealthy. When I feel like “giving my body a break” from carbs, refined sugars and fats I just do a couple of days of fresh veggies, lots of tea and water, juices, fresh salads, fruits, tofu and beans with healthy fats (which are anyway always part of my daily diet), like flax seeds and avocados.
Today, as part of a “more healthy” eating, I’ve made myself this easy and fresh beetroot salad. To speed up the cooking time better to use a pressure cooker.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 3 medium-size beetroots
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- fresh mint
1. wash the beetroots, transfer them into a pressure cooker, cover with water and cook for about 30 min – if you are using a normal saucepan just boil them until you can easily put a fork into them.
2. When cooked let the beetroots cool down into cold water, then peel them and slice them up
3. Transfer into serving bowl and dress with salt, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and fresh mint leaves. Stir and refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours.