Coconut Butter Paleo Cookies
Following up to my recipe for making Coconut Butter, as promised, it’s my recipe for Coconut Butter Paleo Cookies.
Made using only natural and healthy ingredients, this sweet little balls are gluten-free, dairy-free and can also become vegan if you replace the egg with a flax-egg (as suggested in the instructions).
Let’s bake people, shall we?
- ¾ c. coconut butter (check my recipe index for a homemade version)
- ¼ c. all-natural, no-stir almond butter (I used crunchy, but smooth works just fine)
- 1 c. coconut sugar
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (for vegan version 1 flax egg= 1 T. flaxseed meal + 2 T. water, mix let sit for five minutes)
- 1 c. unsweetened, shredded coconut
- dark chocolate chips (I used 70% cacao), as needed
Preheat the oven to 180 C, 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut butter, almond butter, sugar, baking soda, vanilla, and egg/flax egg
mix until everything is incorporated & a large ball of dough begins to form. Fold in the shredded coconut.
Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheet.
Slightly press 2-3 dark chocolate chips into the top of each cookie.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Let the cookies cool completely on the sheet so that they can crisp up.
These are so buttery, yet made with NO butter!
Love them. I did 🙂