Yogurt and Breadcrumb Crusted Red Snapper
Crispy yogurt and breadcrumb crust with an internal soft and tender fish filet. The best part? It takes 20 min to make!
You guys know I literally LOVE fish, canned, fresh, raw, grilled, braised, fried. In any form and shape, I’ll have it. However I know that lots of people out there are not as much into seafood as I am. I hear people saying that “fish is boring”, “tasteless”, and hey it has got bones that can kill you!
However fish and seafood has got some serious good health and nutritional benefits:
- great source of at-soluble vitamin D
- rich in fatty acid Omega-3
- fish consumption is linked to reduced decline in brain function in old age
- fish can help reduced risk of type 1 diabetes and several other autoimmune diseases
- it can protect your vision in old age
- eating fatty fish like salmon may lead to improved sleep
and the list could go on.
Now, I am on a mission to try have people enjoy and eat more fish so today I am sharing with you this easy recipe which takes ONLY 20 minutes to make and will add some extra flavor to your “boring fish filet” :p
I used red snapper but feel free to replace that with sole, tilapia, cod, salmon or anything else you like.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 200 g Greek yogurt (I used Irene’s yogurt)
- 4 red snapper fillets (150 g or more each)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumb
- salt and ground black pepper
- 500 g heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh basil leaves
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Grab your fish fillet and season it with salt and pepper
take some all natural Greek yogurt (not the stuff with added sugar please. Go for straight yogurt, nothing else added in)
Lay the fish skin down, drop 1 tbsp of yogurt and spread it evenly
top it off with breadcrumb then drizzle some extra virgin olive oil
Wash your tomatoes, cut them in half and place them on the baking tray next to your fish
Bake at 200 C for 10 min, until the fish has got a nice and crispy crust
Remove the tomatoes
In a small bowl combine the remaining Greek yogurt with the lime zest and 1 tbsp of lime juice. Serve the fish fillets with your side of roasted tomatoes and the yogurt dip!
Enjoy it right away!